May 7, 2019
November 7, 2018
During this busy, wonderful holiday season, we sometimes let things like getting enough sleep and proper nutrition slide – which makes us vulnerable to getting […]
January 13, 2018
January 11th is National Milk Day, a tribute to when milk — which has long been thought to have sleep-inducing properties – began being delivered in […]
January 4, 2018
Bathing raises body temperature slightly, and when you get out of the tub, the rapid cool down mimics the natural temperature drop the brain triggers as it prepares […]
December 23, 2017
With the holidays and school breaks, children can get pretty hyped up. Parties and extra sweets, the excitement of holiday rituals like those around Hanukkah and […]
December 9, 2017
Kids love technology — and Apple technology is among the best. It seems Apple loves kids, too — they’re offering free one-hour classes called “Kids Hours.” […]
November 18, 2017
Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays because it’s a time when we disconnect from our busy lives, reconnect with friends and family, and break bread. […]
November 14, 2017
November 13, 2017
November 10, 2017
If you’re wondering what the optimal times are to engage in certain activities, listen to your body’s circadian rhythms. Circadian rhythms are physiological, mental and behavioral changes governed […]
- Individualized sleep promotion in acute care hospitals: Identifying factors that affect patient sleep.Ye L, Owens RL, Dykes P. Individualized sleep promotion in acute care hospitals: Identifying factors that affect patient sleep. Appl Nurs Res. 2019 Aug ...
- REVIEW: Dr. Sleep is merely a troubled snoozeDoctor Sleep comes across at times as a “Greatest Hits” reprise of Stanley Kubrick's 1980 classic, The Shining (not, to be sure, of Stephen King's ...
- Get a good night's sleep with the CPAP machineGet a good night's sleep with the CPAP machine. A CPAP machine works by increasing the air pressure inside the throat to prevent the collapse of the ...
- Pediatric Sleep CenterThe Pediatric Sleep Center at Children's Hospital offers a comprehensive range of services to diagnose and treat sleep disorders affecting children ...
- Deep Bench: Survey explores the impact of insomnia or sleeping difficulties on performance(WZAW) -- A new survey entitled “How America Sleeps and Wakes” has uncovered that 90% of patients with insomnia or sleeping difficulties agreed ...