May 7, 2019
November 7, 2018
During this busy, wonderful holiday season, we sometimes let things like getting enough sleep and proper nutrition slide – which makes us vulnerable to getting […]
January 13, 2018
January 11th is National Milk Day, a tribute to when milk — which has long been thought to have sleep-inducing properties – began being delivered in […]
January 4, 2018
Bathing raises body temperature slightly, and when you get out of the tub, the rapid cool down mimics the natural temperature drop the brain triggers as it prepares […]
December 23, 2017
With the holidays and school breaks, children can get pretty hyped up. Parties and extra sweets, the excitement of holiday rituals like those around Hanukkah and […]
December 9, 2017
Kids love technology — and Apple technology is among the best. It seems Apple loves kids, too — they’re offering free one-hour classes called “Kids Hours.” […]
November 18, 2017
Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays because it’s a time when we disconnect from our busy lives, reconnect with friends and family, and break bread. […]
November 14, 2017
November 13, 2017
November 10, 2017
If you’re wondering what the optimal times are to engage in certain activities, listen to your body’s circadian rhythms. Circadian rhythms are physiological, mental and behavioral changes governed […]
- Self-reported sleep relates to hippocampal atrophy across the adult lifespanBackground: Poor sleep is associated with multiple age-related neurodegenerative and neuropsychiatric conditions. The hippocampus plays a special ...
- Cruel biology: Why teens cannot get enough sleep in the school yearAs adolescent rites of passage go, this one is extra obnoxious. The life stage when growing teens could really use a good night's sleep is the same ...
- Good Morning, Illini Nation: Don't sleep on Trent FrazierWelcome to “Good Morning, Illini Nation,” your daily dose of college basketball news from Illini beat writer and AP Top 25 voter Scott Richey. He'll offer ...
- Helping kids transition back to an earlier sleep scheduleSo the recommendations for adolescence are still higher than they are for adults," Dr. Stephanie Jones, UW Health Sleep Clinic expert, said.
- Stressing Over Sleep Results in Fewer Zzz'sTRACY, Calif.—Only two in five Americans are happy with their sleeping habits and 76 percent have purchased a sleep aid and spent almost $200 a ...